Summer Festivals in Yelagiri
Each year in the month of May, the prevalent Summer Festival is praised in the Nilgiri Mountains of India. The celebration is composed by the Tamil Nadu dept. of Tourism and the National Ministry of Tourism. Various sightseers visit Ooty from everywhere throughout the nation and the world to appreciate this celebration. There are distinctive occasions sorted out amid this celebration to enthrall the gatherings of people. Some mainstream occasions of the show incorporate rose appear, bloom appear, puppy appear, natural product appear, flavor appear, vegetable appear, vessel race and social projects.
Summer Festivals of Yelagiri :
• Cultural Program : This system included traditional expressions, move, dramatization and music programs which is held at Breeks HADP outdoors stadium, Ooty.
• Flower Show : Flower show is sorted out in the herbal greenery enclosures Ooty, where around 250 exhibitors showcase 150 assortments of blossoms. The show is gone to by around 150,000 individuals. The show is sorted out each year since 1896.
• Dog Show : The pooch show is sorted out by South of India Kennel Club (SIKC) consistently. The show is sorted out at the Govt. Arts College ground in Ooty.
• Rose Show : Held at the Government Rose Garden in Ooty, Rose show is well known for showing excellent rose towers made of a large number of roses and flower petal rangolis. In the greenhouse, one can discover around 3,000 assortments of roses.
• Spice Show : Spice show is held for two days in Gudalur, Nilgiris at St.Thomas Higher Secondary School. The flavor show is sorted out by area organization and the divisions of agriculture and tourism at Gudalur. The show was 1st held in the year 2010.
• Fruit Show : The two-day natural product show is composed in Sim’s Park, Coonoor. The occasion is composed by the Department of Horticulture and is sorted out each year from 53 years. The show pulls in around 25,000 individuals consistently.
• Vegetable Show : The popular vegetable show is held at Nehru Park in Kotagiri. It is composed by the Department of Horticulture from the most recent 4 years. The occasion draws in around 16,000 participants from everywhere. The star fascination of the show is the guide of India arranged utilizing red, yellow and green capsicums.
• Boat race and Boat Show : The pontoon race and show are composed for two days at the Ooty Lake.
• Other occasions of the celebration incorporate exercises and rivalries like hot air inflatable appear, eco-trekking, beginner photograph rivalry, painting presentation, vintage auto rally, marathon race and market appear.
Duration of Summer Festivals in Yelagiri :
1 May to 30 June
How to reach Yelagiri :
By Air : The closest airplane terminal to Yelagiri is Bangalore International Airport which is roughly 145 km far from this glorious slope station. The airplane terminal has a decent availability with all the significant urban communities of India and additionally abroad.
By Railroads : Situated at a separation of 21 km, Jolarpettai railroad station is the closest rail route station to Yelagiri and it is generally utilized by the voyagers. The station is all around associated with all the fundamental urban areas of the nation. One can without much of a stretch take the taxis accessible to achieve Yelagiri.
By Street : The slope station is all around associated with a portion of the significant urban areas through street. One can get an incessant administration of the KSRTC transports which will bring you different urban communities without breaking a sweat. Continuous administrations from Tiruoathur to Yelagiri (27 km), Bangalore (140 km), Chennai (250 km), Krishnagiri (40 km) and Vanayambadi (20 km) are accessible.